Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Inspiration Board: Hague Blue Nursery for Baby Girl

This post over at Ohdeedoh has been stuck in my mind since Monday. In a pretty common scenario, a couple is converting their home office into a nursery and they're trying to incorporate the existing paint scheme into their nursery design. Mom-to-be was soliciting suggestions to make this beguiling raincloud blue/gray (Hague Blue by Farrow & Ball) work in her baby girl's room. 

I immediately thought of the color combinations in Pottery Barn's Brittany Rose collection, and used some of those pieces as the basis of this inspiration board for a fairly classic approach to the challenge.

item and image sources:
chandelier: "Mia" - Pottery Barn Kids
crib: "Sophia" - Pottery Barn Kids
rug: "Brittany Rose" - Pottery Barn
pillow: "Brittany Rose Boudoir Pillow" - Pottery Barn


I think this is a very sweet look for an elegant nursery, but I wanted to put together a more modern option with the same color palette.

item and image sources:
pendant: "Knappa" - Ikea
mirror: "Empire" - Z Gallerie
glider: "Cohen" - Oilo Studio
changing table: "Sahara" - Argington
rug: garden-variety Flokati
crib: "Moda" - Room and Board


As if they knew exactly what I was up to, this image greeted me on Ikea's home page as I headed to browse their virtual aisles:
This definitely feels like a very Scandinavian and very fun solution to this design challenge.


Now that I've gotten these ideas out of my head and onto the blog, I hope I can think about something other than that bewitching blue!

1 comment:

  1. Um, I only just saw this, and I like what you've done here. Have you abandoned this venture for Pinterest or are you gonna keep it up?

    ReplyDelete